Sunday, February 5, 2012

Madonna ROCKS Super Bowl Halftime show...




Not since Janet Jackson's Half time performance which was over shadowed by stupid parent groups use of the rewind button on their DVR's and the media's ability to zoom in on what was a corner eye view of "nipple gate" has a halftime performance been so hyped and been delivered. I as a fan wasn't expected such a tamed set but I am amazed that she is completely able to do her thing and I love her for it. She opened the show with "Vogue" with a roman empire theme of gold and black and for 12 mins. we were entertained with Cameos from MIA,LMAFO and Cee Lo. Madonna clearly earned her stripes as a performer many years ago ,however from beginning to end she let these young ones know that she is here to stay and will not be moved.

As I was on Facebook during the performance I saw comments like "Madonna sit down, where is GaGa?" And "Before GaGa there was Madonna" and I need people to remember that when you are 53 you tell if you are about to do that many songs in dance all in 12 mins. I sit here at 28 and I am so not sure if I could... Fantastic Job Madonna...

No comments: